Are you ready for the year-end shutdown?
Our annual shutdown will be on the 21st of December 2022, and it’s approaching fast.
We will be back up and running on Monday, 9 January 2023.
But don’t fret – we will only be a phone call away for any urgent assistance during our annual closure.
Holiday Shutdown List
– with VAT201 & EMP201 Upcoming submission dates
It’s that time again the mad rush to pack up and close for the holidays.
There is lots to do, so we have created a to-do list, to guide you through the process.
The annual closing requires following certain procedures to keep things running smoothly. Both your bookkeeping and payroll information must be checked, approved and reach our offices by a certain date which we will correspond to you directly during the course of November/December 2022.
Now, lets get you started on your To Do List.
- Send a letter to your customers and suppliers with your trading days and when orders need to be in by. Provide an emergency contact number.
- Prepare your recurring invoices that need to go out on the first of January, send out any December invoices.
- Make sure you have all your supplies for the start of the New Year. Suppliers are normally back mid-January and only start manufacturing then.
- Payments to Suppliers and SARS
- Prepare a list of payments to make while you are away and pay any of your suppliers that you can now.
- Prepare your VAT and load the VAT 201 so that you only need submit and make the payment while you are away October/November due end of December) 31st December is a Saturday, so payment of VAT will be on the Friday, 30 December 2022.
- Prepare your year-end salaries and wages for your staff.
- Prepare your EMP201 – it is due on Friday the 6th January 2023.
- Notify important people that you are away and in case of emergency they have a contact no of your second in command.
- Let your security know so they can patrol more, because the burglars are doing their Christmas shopping.
- On the day of closing
- Lock away important files
- Close all your windows, lock all the doors, internal ones too. Any keys put away in a safe place.
- Backup all your computers – Put your backup drives in a safe place and make sure you have a second copy with someone else
- Setup an out of office email
- Finally, Have a Happy and Safe holiday, don’t forget the sunscreen and the cell phone charger.